So I thought I would document the making of my cover for the Documented Life Project 2015. I always get asked how I do layers so here you go. This is how I do it.
First I used a matt gel medium to glue pieces of torn pages onto my journal cover. The pieces are from song books, dictionary pages, and the inside of safety envelopes (mostly from bills).
Now the fun part. I started stamping. I used black ink to stamp the feathers and the arrows. Then I used red acrylic paint to stamp the paisleys. Then I used a 2-1/4″ circle punch to punch out circles from some of my “under paper” (under paper is the paper I put under the project I’m working on. It is where I clean off my brushes, stamps, brayers, etc.) After I glued the circles down, I went around them in red paint. I also used 2 circles as flowers and painted the outline in black and colors the petals with the red paint. Then I used the end of a toilet paper roll to dip in white paint and put marks on the page. I added black dots inside the white circles. (I did add some green distress paint before I stamped…I forgot about that.) I also used a black Signo uniball pen to write some words and scripture on the cover.
Have a great day!